What an honor and surprise to receive the Versatile Blogger Award! It was given to me by my fellow blogging mom at “M” is for Marriage and Motherhood. She is an expat blogging about the pitfalls of being a stay at home mom, sometimes happily and sometimes reluctantly, but always honestly. Check her out.
The rules of the VBA state that I should select 15 blogs that I have recently discovered or that I follow regularly. Do I read 15 blogs? Do I have time to read 15 blogs??? Nope.
I also need to tell the person who nominated me 7 things about myself, and that sounds fun enough that maybe I’ll just share those 7 things here on the blog.
So here are my (I wish it was 15) recommended blogs, I will include just the blogs I like and think you might, too. These are in the order of popping randomly into my head as I wake up this morning. In other words, no particular order:
WWTDD (in case you miss reading brainless tabloids about ridiculous celebrities)
So that’s 13…I’m close…
Now for my 7 things:
1. I’m definitely a food snob, definitely from Michigan, with a definite mid-western polite streak that paralyzes me when talking about money.
2. I love to bathe by candlelight while reading a book and drinking a glass of wine/coffee/tea/ice water.
3. I adore champagne truffles and will buy a truffle and patiently wait to have a cup of coffee with that truffle so that each bite I take will be melted in my mouth by the coffee. mmmmmm. (but being a food snob, the coffee has to be really good, too)
4. I adore 80s music and fondly remember skating backwards to slow songs at the roller rink. I can still smell the candy and pizza in the air, see the dim lights, the smell of stale beer, the potential for skating with a boy, and Debbie Gibson’s Electric Youth perfume everywhere.
5. I have Synesthesia, so in my mind white = 1, 2 is yellow, and so on.
6. The first thing I remember wanting to be when I grew up is a mascot. I wanted to put on a parrot suit and never take it off.
7. My first favorite song was “Another One Bites the Dust”, followed later by whatever hit the Fat Boys had, and then Max Headroom. I had a Fat Boys vinyl, and wish I still had that little gem.
And I just have to add that I LOVE David Bowie. It’s entirely possible that if I was dying and was allowed to make a wish for one fab thing before I went I would ask to talk to Bowie.